Monday, August 17, 2009

Fasting while Pregnant??

Fasting month is fast approaching. I'm hoping that I'll be able to fast the whole 1 month. Its a privilege that comes only when I'm in advance stage of pregnancy (and that I can assure you is a rare occasion!)

Pregnant women are one of the exceptions to the rule of fasting in Ramadhan (provided it be replaced in another month)



But is it prohibited medically for women in advance stage of pregnancy like me?



Obviously not. But not all are encourage to fast for medical reasons:



because...





so fasting is allowed provided that the correct method is employed with regard food intake



and...



So my take on this:

Eat well, take my sahur, moderate intake, lots of fluid during the night, less movements and physical activities (including walking) and rest well...

Finger cross, hoping I can go through this Ramadhan smooth sailing. Amin

No comments:

Post a Comment