Wednesday, April 9, 2014

39 weeks

check up on 7 April 2014

***

waiting time : registered at 2.30pm. Went in to see the Dr at 9.30pm (7 hours ++)

weight -->  91kg (for the first time i gained 31kg throughout my pregnancy.Hawaigawddddd!!!)

baby --> 3.606kg

no VE done but baby is still high up according to the Dr.

summary:

Dr recommended for me to be induced because :


  • I'm already full term (due on 17 Apr 14)
  • Baby is not growing as much within the space of 2 weeks (3.606 - 3.4990 = 0.107kg) 
  • I gained 3.1kg in the space of 2 weeks
  • There's traces of protein in my urine
  • my feet are puffy


The protein reading is a bit of a concern to the Dr and he explained that it may be an indication that my kidney is deteriorating. Rather than taking the risk of waiting and risking permanent damage to my kidney, he recommended for me to be induced.

***

I would love to wait for the labour pain to come naturally since I have never had that experience before. Yup, going to have 4 kids (insyaallah) and I have never experience natural labour pain. All are induced. But this one is slightly before the due date. Abang Adlan was born on the dot on his due date. Kakak Aliya was 7 days late and Abang Aydin was 10 days late.

But looking at all circumstances, its actually good to know in advance for various reasons:

  • I have time to indulge in my nesting intinct. Banyak lagi tak kemas ni. All the almari to push and relocate (hehe!)
  • I have time to prepare my mind and body for the impending pain... the pain!!!
  • Since mom is going to accompany me in the labour room, she would be able to schedule her busy schedule and know when to actually come to KL. Tak ada la buang masa dok melangut kat rumah anak tunggu anak sakit nak bersalin when she has tonnes to do back home. Almaklumle business woman le katakan.
  • mr hubbs can actually schedule his outstation meetings since the date is already fixed.
  • I can chose the date and its an awesome date.. yeay :)


Baby will make an appearance (insyaallah) at 9 months and 7 days. 3 days before he is due. So I guess, this time next week, we will be looking at a new face insyaallah.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Takuttttt @_@


No comments:

Post a Comment